$32 – $45 an hour
POSITION TITLE: On-Call Therapist
Therapists at Youth Futures utilize clinical expertise to perform assessments, develop and implement plans appropriate to client need, assess crisis situations to appropriately provide needed resources and or referrals for the client, and to provide family and individual treatment as indicated. This position works collaboratively with clients, case management team, and community resources, and all other involved parties.
Youth Futures is a statewide shelter for homeless youths. Each client needs to see a therapist upon intake either in person or remotely within 24 hours for a risk assessment. From there, the resident and therapist can plan out treatment services. Therapists can expect to have a small to moderate case load for therapy which can be managed in person and/or remotely.
THERAPIST ROLE AND GOALS:
Each of these pillars outlines the essential functions and primary goals of the role of the Therapist. The Therapist provides critical guidance for youth in crisis with these primary goals:
Intake, Crisis & Risk Assessments:
Connection and Building Rapport:
Supporting Youth Futures through Youth-Directed Plans for Success:
Communicating Progress & Team Collaboration:
1. Verified Master’s Degree in Social Work or other counseling profession from an accredited institution and current state licensure as LCSW, LMFT, CMHC, or lower license to practice psychotherapy under the direct supervision of an LCSW
2. One year of supervisory experience preferred. Consideration will be given to applicants who have excellent skills in communication, interpersonal relationships and organization
3. Previous experience with persons experiencing homelessness, youth, or other vulnerable populations is preferred
4. No evidence of criminal activity involving a dependent population or violent criminal activity
5. Able to obtain and maintain UHMIS (Utah Homeless Management Information System) certification for data collection, as well as other professional trainings -training provided
6. Understand the mission and vision of the program fully and work to implement it
7. Can maintain appropriate boundaries and self-care practices when dealing with youth from traumatic backgrounds
8. Computer Skills, i.e., email, word processing. – and – excellent written and verbal communication skills.
9. Experience with individuals, families, and case management teams preferred.
10. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport quickly
11. Effective listening and communications skills – Spanish speaking is a plus
12. Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage data/details with consistency and accuracy
13. Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and coordinate with others flexibly around treatment modalities and timelines
14. Innovative approaches to treatment and complicated clinical issues
15. Skills in CBT, Trauma-Informed Care, Systems, and Harm Reduction preferred
16. Passion for helping diverse youth in accordance with Youth Futures Mission
17. Respect and work effectively with individuals of diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds
18. Ability to use and understand the company’s hands-off de-escalation behavior management techniques as needed with residents
19. Strong ethical reasoning and boundaries, follow ethical guidelines established by corresponding professional organization (NASW, APA, etc.)
Pay: Starting pay $32.00 – $45.00 per hour, DOE
Hours: Part-time, contracted, on-call. Flexible but regular hours for scheduled appointments, with rotating weeks of on-call assignment for intake assessments. Some irregularities in work schedule are to be expected.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
Youth Futures does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Candidates from underrepresented groups and diverse experiences are encouraged to apply: Multilingual, ethnoracial minorities, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, people with experience serving youth, recovery, homelessness, first-generation students, immigrants, plural families, and other experiences that will inform service to our diverse homeless youth population.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $32.00 – $45.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote
Application response rate: 68%
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
Job details Salary $36 – $42 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Qualifications Master’s (Required) Full Job Description Busy Mental...Apply For This Job
Job details Salary $45 – $50 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Contract Qualifications Master’s (Required) Clinical Social Worker (Preferred)...Apply For This Job
Job details Salary $30 – $50 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description **This is a remote job**...Apply For This Job
Job details Salary $39 – $45 an hour Job Type Part-time Contract Qualifications Master’s (Required) Clinical counseling: 3 years (Required)...Apply For This Job
Job details Salary Up to $90 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Contract Full Job Description We are seeking Licensed...Apply For This Job
Job details Salary $1,700 – $10,000 a month Job Type Full-time Part-time Temporary Benefits Pulled from the full job description...Apply For This Job